MUSIC :D
I love it...
BUT...
Yes, it's a big BUT...
Lol...
BUTT...
^purposely spelt incorrectly for giggles.
BUT...
When it comes to music, be critical.
Even if you're at church worshipping, look at what the words actually SAY.
I can't stand songs that say, "I WILL praise You." Or, "I am so in love with You."
Sometimes I get too caught up in raising my hands and singing to God, I don't notice what I'm singing.
The song, 'Go' from Hillsongs latest album, I cannot stand.
It starts off singing this great song then when it comes to the instrumental build up they sing,
"OLAY, OLAY-OLAY-OLAY, OLAY, OLAY!"
Y'know, the SOCCER CHANT.
This song goes from praising Jesus, to soccer-chanting!
If Hillsong are trying to appeal more towards the audience, rather than God. Well. They will lose alot of my respect.
Planetshakers already have :P
My final message is, be critical, and mean the words you sing. (Unless it's a soccer chant -.-)
Blessings-a-many.
Have you ever looked into the language roots of the word OLAY? It's more than a soccer chant.
ReplyDelete